Zucchini are at their best right now. Make the most of their flavour in this simple pasta dish: garlic, zucchini and parmesan tossed in al dente spaghetti with extra virgin olive oil and cherry tomatoes for a splash of colour. Yum.
- 2-3 zucchini
- 500g pasta
- Generous grating of mature parmesan
- Couple of cloves of garlic
- A few cherry tomatoes
- Olive oil
- Begin by slicing and salting the zucchini. Leave for 10 mins or so, then dry off the liquid. This removes any bitterness (which can occur in zucchini and eggplant, especially if it grows too large). If you have a lot of zucchini, a salad spinner is great for removing the liquid. Or a clean tea towel. Hold tight and pretend you’re lassooing cattle. Make sure you’re outside first. 😉
- Start the pasta in boiling salted water. It should be as hot as you can get it. Stir for the first 3 minutes or so, until the risk of sticking is passed.
- Slice and sauté the garlic together which the zucchini in the olive oil.
- When cooked. drain the pasta and toss with the olive oil, zucchini and garlic. Add the halved cherry tomatoes and grated parmesan last. Toss and serve.