Here’s a great weekday dinner with tonnes of veggies and loads of home-comfort appeal!
Pesto potato bakeGreen veg: I used 2 zucchini and a bunch of silverbeet, both sliced 1 jar Pesto alla Genovese (190g) – I love Barilla A couple of medium potatoes, sliced thinly Butter – a few knobs for the top Optional: feta cheese, cubed
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Briefly boil the potatoes – about 4 minutes. They shouldn’t be quite cooked (they finish cooking in the oven).
- Heat (but don’t overcook) the vegetables – I put them in the microwave for about 2 minutes. They’ll be moist, which is fine for the bake.
- Mix the pesto with the veg (and feta, if using).
- (As you can see in the photo, I grated on some parmesan cheese at this point – but it didn’t add anything to the dish. The pesto probably has enough parmesany goodness already.)
- Top with the lightly boiled potato slices and spot the butter over them.
- Bake until golden brown – about 15-20 minutes.
This was really moreish. I served a fresh tomato salad on the side.