Fast-growing and unusual Marlborough beer Moa is often in our headlines. But should we be proud or scornful of this local-brand-gone-global?
Five reasons why Moa is all quirk
- Their marketing is provocative, for example, they sponsored the Great Easter Bunny Hunt, and offered a beer bounty to anyone destroying the Wellywood sign.
- They got pinged for pretending to bleep out an expletive in an ad, but missing the expletive.
- They call themselves premium and close the bottle with a champagne cork and wire arrangement to prove it.
- Their investment prospectus included raunchy, misogynistic ’50s style photos and glossy ads for unrelated products, like an Aston Martin.
- When a fire broke out at their Olympians party in London, they released a tongue-in-cheek ad about inspiring Olympic running (away) in their insurer.
And one good reason to drink it anyway
- It tastes really good.