Great medieval thinker Thomas Aquinas claimed there are five ways to commit gluttony:
- Laute – eating food that is too luxurious, exotic, or costly
- Nimis – eating food that is excessive in quantity
- Studiose – eating food that is too daintily or elaborately prepared
- Praepropere – eating too soon, or at an inappropriate time
- Ardenter – eating too eagerly
Resisting the urge to be a glutton has never been a strength of mine – in fact, it’s my favourite sin. 🙂
I don’t usually commit all the five types of gluttony in one day. But when faced with the Top Ten selection of Bennetts chocolates, gluttony seems entirely appropriate. As is selfishness, greed, and secretively hiding away in my study to scoff the lot.
I particularly love the Kiwi provenance of the flavour combinations – like 42 Below vodka and Feijoa swirl in white chocolate – yum!
I thought Bennetts could do with going more modern and / or premium on their packaging though. That script typeface they’ve used for the flavours might have been cool in the 1990s. Now it’s time for someone with an eye for design to get their hands on it.