- The action or fact of indulging.
- The state or attitude of being indulgent or tolerant.
My hundredth post here on the Greedy Kiwi blog. It seems appropriate that it should be something a little bit indulgent.
There’s such a wonderful glut of stone fruit at the moment. The other day I reached a nadir in my week and decided I just couldn’t go on without chocolate cake. (This happens, from time to time!) But I decided to make an apricot and chocolate pudding instead. Tangy apricots and rich dark chocolate is a great pairing. And when I spotted some ripe black Doris plums, well! The more the merrier!
This pudding uses an all-in-one Victoria sponge mix so it’s super-quick to throw together and feeds 4-6.
- 100g sugar
- 100g butter
- 75g self-raising flour
- 25g good quality cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
For the fruit base:
- 2-3 ripe Doris plums
- Apricot jam to cover them (around half a jar)
- Pre-heat oven to 175C.
- Put all the sponge ingredients in a large bowl and beat until smooth (an electric mixer is good here).
- Slice the plums and line a small casserole. Cover with apricot jam.
- Spread sponge mixture on top of fruit, right to the edges.
- Put in oven for around 30 mins, or until a skewer comes out of the sponge clean.